Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Southern Coasts Map Update

Back in May I posted a small hexcrawl called the Southern Coasts, a slice of a swords-and-sorcery setting inspired by the Black Company series. 

The map for that crawl was made in Hexkit using the default free tile assets; which, while gorgeous and gritty, aren't my own work. So I've now re-created that map myself, with hand-drawn tiles in my own inimitable style. Gritty... not so much. But it's mine.



Thoughts

The big reason for this redraw is that the stock "HK-Classic" tiles have a non-commercial use license. This crawl is part of THAUMOS, which eventually I plan to make available in full in exchange for... money, so an update was always in the cards. 

There's also the fact that I've made maps for almost all my campaign settings, and they all look something like this. It ain't a Veles game without pastel cartography. The ur-example of this phenomenon is my "Thaumocracy" setting; I ought to post that map sometime.

Happy Thanksgiving, and good crawling!

-V





No comments:

Post a Comment

In Praise of Trophy Gold